3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2015 4:11 PM by tmo_mike_c RSS

How to make iphone work with international sim card?

I bought this iphone in USA factory unlocked but it doesnt work in my country (Chile), with my chilean sim card. What should i do to activated internationaly? Please i need your help. Tha iphone used to work ok with a T-mobile sim card in USA.

• 1. Re: How to make iphone work with international sim card?
          e2k

You must be a current or former T-Mobile USA customer in order to qualify to receive an unlock code. Please review the unlock requirements. If you meet the requirements, call customer service or initiate a chat session from the contact us page to request an unlock code.

Please note that if you are not a current or former T-Mobile USA customer, you do not qualify for an unlock code, and cannot obtain one from T-Mobile. In such case, you will have to use a commercial unlocking service.

To reach T-Mobile customer care from abroad:

• From a cellular phone with a T-Mobile SIM card, dial 1-505-998-3793. You will not be charged for the call
          • From a landline phone, dial the appropriate international dialing prefix, + 1-505-998-3793. Charges for this call will be assessed according to the plan you have with your landline long distance carrier.

You can also contact T-Force via social media to make your unlock request. Just make sure you meet the unlock requirements first. Otherwise, T-Force will not be able to help you.

To contact T-Force

Go to the Contact Us page and use the Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus link under in the “Social Support” section.

• 2. Re: How to make iphone work with international sim card?
            drnewcomb2

If you bought the phone from Apple "unlocked" you should take this up with Apple. If you bought it "Contract Free", you need to understand that this term does not mean the same thing as "SIM free" or "Unlocked" It just means that you did not have to sign a contract with a carrier to get the phone. It is still SIM-locked. Don't feel bad, you're only about the 10,000th person to make this mistake.

• 3. Re: How to make iphone work with international sim card?
              tmo_mike_c

Heycaritoraid

Just wanted to pop in and see if you were able to contact T-Mobile and get help with your service in Chile.