Can't Hear Callers

wallyh

Hello,

I just recently switched to T-mobile prepaid & am having a problem not being able to hear people that call me or people that I call. They can hear me fine but I can not hear them. Everything else works fine on my phone, texting, email, data, etc. When I drive 4 miles away from my home I can make calls & hear the people that I call & also hear people that call me. It's only when I'm within that 4 mile radius of my home that I have the problem. I have talked to 5 different "Tech Support People" at T-mobile and none of them could help & I have been to the local T-mobile store which is 15 miles from where I live and my phone worked fine there. They decided to replace the sim card & told me to see if that would rectify the problem when I got home, which it did not. The weirdest thing is that out of the 4 major carriers (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-mobile) and I've tried them all, T-mobile gives me the strongest signal strength where I live, that's why I would like to stay with T-mobile.

Has anybody ever experienced anything like this? Thanks for any help that you may be able to supply.

Wally

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: Can't Hear Callers

Thanks for reaching out!

Do you know if we've filed a service request in your area to see if there is something happening with that specific 4 mile radius?

-Lauren

• wallyh

Thank you for replying to my question Lauren. I really do not know if a service request has been filed. As I said in my post, nobody has been able to help me & I've since had to leave Tmobile because my cell phone is the only phone that I have. If I had an emergency I would of been in real trouble not being able to make a call to get help! My phone has 3 & 4 bars of signal in my house. I did some more testing since my original post & found the exact spots where I can make successful calls & where I can not. There is a highway named Rte 72 in Monroe Center, Illinois that is about 4 miles north of my house. When I cross Rte 72 going north, I can make calls successfully & if I back up & go to the south side of Rte 72, I can no longer hear the caller. The same holds true if I travel the opposite way going south from my house 4 miles to Rte 64. On one side of the highway the phone works as it should but when I cross over to other side the phone no longer works.

I get the strongest signal with Tmobile where I live & would of liked to stay with Tmobile. I sure wished that someone would of been able to help me rectify this situation. Once again, thank you for taking time to reply.

WallyH

• wallyh

Lauren,I forgot to mention thatI have a ticket # that one of the tech support people gave to me. It is 13001917WallyH

• wallyh

Hi Lauren,

Have you investigated this further? Any progress on rectifying the problem that I was having?

Thanks

• tmo_lauren

Hey there!

I went ahead and looked at the ticket number you provided me and they were unable to replicate a issue it seems. I would suggest having the ticket number re-opened with more specific information added. I'm unable to perform requests through the forums, but if you do prefer online interactions you can Contact Us online though Facebook or Twitter and our T-Force is great at following up on issues!

-Lauren