What is the current firmware for the Personal Cell Spot? Mine is 220.127.116.11.376.3108.
Yes, I would like to know what the current firmware is also. In looking over the various threads on the subject it's a bit confusing. I have what tricon23 states above but a confirmation would be appreciated.
i called asus support they told me to download latest firmware here
they said it is the same router just rebranded...
You will get an error when trying to upgrade the firmware of the AC-68 even though its the same router. I think T-Mobile has locked out the ability to upgrade the router with any other than T-Mobile (Asus) firmware.
They are the same but the software is different. There are other provisions for T-Mobile with a deal with Asus. That's why they have different upgrade paths.
Yes but this does not address the point that ASUS has been keeping up with firmware updates regularly and none for a long time with T-Mobile (TM-AC1900). It should be as simple as a code change anytime that new AC-68 firmware is released. I don't know why this is not being done at least for security reasons.
T-Mobile Router (Asus RT68U AC1900) Changing Firmware - YouTube
If you do this you should be able to flash the newest 68u firmware....
Doesn't matter different update schedules
Once you flash the 68u firmware though you can always flash the 68u firmware from then on
I wish T-Mobile would do an amazing announcement around this...
* The Forum Software used here isn't even updated with fixes for Facebook login / Yahoo login. Both are broken.
* Just like their inattention to the Forum Software, they are not paying attention to ASUS updates. Several revisions later, the TM-AC1900 is far behind the RT-68U updates. Here is a change log of what is different now - in bold are critical security updates. Now I don't want to 'downgrade' my router to just an ASUS router, instead of a T-Mobile / ASUS router...but I have to and I URGE EVERYONE ELSE TO DO THE SAME. These are CRITICAL security updates that leave your network UNPROTECTED!!
- Fixed Multicast issue when WAN is PPPoE/ PPTP/ L2TP
- Fixed IPTV GUI issue
- Fixed two guest networks had same mac address problem.
- Fixed view list in network map cannot be closed.
- Fixed network map device icon issue
- Fixed client cannot get new IP when changed router IP and subnet mask.
- Fixed wrong notification when using quick internet setup wizard in static IP environment.
- Fixed wrong notification when client was blocked by Time scheduling.
- Fixed ASUS Router App related issues.
- Fixed DNS response error issue.
- Fixed abnormal LED blinking issue when enabled IPTV.
- Fixed client list name cannot be changed issue.
- Fixed too many repeat information in system log.
- Fixed Traffic analyzer issue UI issue when changing the data.
- Fixed Adaptive QoS bandwidth setting issue.
- Fixed low samba transfer throughput issue when enable bandwidth limiter.
- Fixed web history related issue.
- Fixed abnormal bandwidth increasing in bandwidth monitor.
- Fixed VPN client UI issue when using Firefox.
- Fixed wireless channel issue when set 2.4G channel in 12 or 13 (only for EU region)
- Fixed dual wan ping time watch dog issue which might cause .false fail over to secondary wan.
- Fixed Bandwidth monitor and Web history UI issue which was caused by "<" or ">" in SSID.
- Fixed vulnerability of the cross site scripting
- Fixed User-Agent buffer overflow. Special thanks for Hubert's contribution.
- Fixed null ptr dereference in https issue. Special thanks for Anthony's contribution
- Fixed buffer overflow issues.
- Modified brute-force protection mechanism in router login page.
- Fixed malicious site block related issues.
Support ASUS router app which make it very easy to monitor and manage route status and client devices and more.
Search ASUS Router in google play or go the following URL
iOS app coming soon.
- Fixed httpd crash issue. Special thanks for Merlin's contribution.
- Fixed blank web page when clients number over 100.
- Fixed Network map client list related issues.
- Fixed firmware login issue when connect to router by OpenVPN.
- Add reboot scheduler in Administration --> System
- Fixed warning page showing issue when only enable the HTTPS authentication.
- Fixed the slow UI issue when enabled Bandwidth limiter.
- Fixed repeated mDNSNetMonitor message in system log when there is a Apple TV in LAN.
- Fixed IPv6 firewall UI issue.
- Fixed UI issue when enable monopoly mode in printer setting.
3rd party app supported
Added Cloudcheck router software agent. Cloudcheck agent enables intelligent wifi diagnostics that provides complete visibility into home network performance and offers actionable recommendations for improvements.
- Updated TrendMicro security engine.
- Fixed CVE-2015-6949 buffer overflow issue, special thanks for Elvis Collado at DVLabs.
- Fixed Host and User-Agent parameter buffer overflows, special thanks for Elvis Collado at Praetorian
- Fixed Web server URL handler buffer overflow, special thanks for Tim Yeh and Kenney Lu at TrendMicro.
- Enhanced router login password and wireless password(WPA2) strength check method to against brute-force attack.
- Reject administrator to set too easy to guess login and wireless password to avoid brute-force attack.
- Added Meo and Movistar ISP profile.
- Adjusted Guest network mac filter maximum client number to 16
- Allow paste password on login page to fulfil some password management softwares requirement.
- Show current control channel while value is auto.
- Bandwidth limiter can accept decimal point.
- Unnecessary to reboot router after set allow only spcified IP address to enter GUI.
- Adaptive QoS can now be enabled without assigned upload/ download bandwidth.
- Updated OpenSSL library to 1.0.2d
- Fixed CSRF and XSS vulnerability.
- [AiCloud] Show image EXIF info on image player
- [AiCloud] Auto rotate image on image player.
- [AiCloud] Files can be moved and copied.
- [AiCloud] Images can be uploaded to Picasa or Twitter.
- [AiCloud] Share link can be posted on Twitter, Plurk, weibo and QQ in AiCloud.
- [AiCloud] AiCloud can be used in AP/ media bridge mode.
- Added 3G/4G USB modem APN auto detection feature. In most cases, firmware can automatically find the ISP profile and establish link when 3G/4G dongle inserted to router.
- Added Android phone in USB modem/ USB Tethering --> Select USB device.
- Bandwidth Limiter in Adaptive QoS --> QoS. Let administrator easily limit specific client's upload/ download bandwidth
- Independent mac filter for main wireless network and guest network. Administrator can set white list for main wireless network to only allow trust client connect to main wireless network and share network to guest with guest network
- Modified the network map client status. When click the client icon, administrator can bind IP, change host name, change icon, block internet access or set time scheduling.
- Added client list view button on network map and help administrator easily monitor all client connection status.
- Added the question feedback in Administration -> Feedback
- Added new DDNS provider www.oray.com
- Changed warning page style.
- Changed Cloud sync Dropbox URL encoding from UTF8 to BASE64.
- Added stateful server in IPv6
- Improved media server response time when new file added.
- Adjusted Adaptive QoS UI and easier to set top priority for gaming, media streaming or web surfing.
- Fixed MAC clone abnormal issue
- Fixed cloud sync issues between router and ASUS webstorage.
- Fixed share link related issue to Android devices.
- Fixed web redirection issue when WAN IP conflicted.
- Fixed compatibility issues for IE8
- Fixed GUI related issues
- Fixed login issue when router’s IP is 10.x.x.x
- Fixed parental control-> time scheduling related issue.
- Fixed adaptive QoS device priority label dragging issue.
- Fixed network tool related issues.
- Fixed USB HDD issue when using time machine.
- Fixed network map UI issue when selected French.
- Fixed the saving issue in OpenVPN server -> content modification of keys & certification.
- Fixed dropdown UI offset issue at Parental control.
Product ID: TM-AC1900
Firmware Version: 18.104.22.168.376_3169
The router's current firmware is the latest version.
This latest update seems to have broken the ability to use a connected HDD for Time Machine. I have two disks connected. One is a media server, the other is for backup. Using the Time Machine setup pane I had identified that disk and it showed up on all the Macs in the house as AC1900-7330. But since this update AC1900-7330 no longer appears. The media server disk is still there. Help!
I am also having trouble with Time Machine. Every time the disk image is mounted the CPU and RAM on the router starts pegging. The backup then gets stuck on Preparing for Backup for hours. Eventually, the backup just fails. For a while it did get to start backing up, but it did only a few MB, then pause, then some more, then long pause. After maybe a few hundred MB total, the backup failed. That happened for a few days. Now it never gets past preparing. And the whole time the CPU and RAM are pegging. As soon as I dismount the drive from my computer, the router settles down. Needless to say, I haven't had a successful backup since the upgrade.
I'm unable to mount the disk image, since it doesn't even appear on my network (I checked this from two different Macs). So you're ahead of me here. I wonder what the difference is?
Retrieving data ...