chris06991

I have an LG G3 that continuously receives the Restricted Access Changed.

At first I thought this was because I kept my SIM card that I had with my LG Nexus 5 when I upgraded; however, I activated the new sim card that came with the LG G3 and the same thing happens. It doesn't seem to be affecting any of my data or anything but it states that it is and it's annoying to constantly see every day.

The error looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/GaTAoaE.png

Please note that this post is also being sent to Live Chat support.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: LG G3 - Restricted Access Changed

Hey chris06991.  This is a great question - I've seen this error message on my own device a few times - recently, in fact.  I couldn't find anything internal about the error message, so I did some digging online.  A lot of threads I found on various forums suggested it might be the SIM - but it sounds like you've already ruled that out.  I did find one explanation that makes particular sense in my case - that the error pops up when your device is trying to connect to a network that's not available.  I am seeing the message when I drive through an area where we used to have partner coverage that was recently turned down. 

Do you notice any patterns around where you're located when this error message pops up?  Does it have any impact, even a brief one, on your service when you see it?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Re: LG G3 - Restricted Access Changed

Happy Tuesday chris06991!  I just wanted to touch base with you and see if you're still seeing this message, and if you'd noticed any patterns.  FWIW, I haven't seen it on my V10 in a week or so after doing a cache wipe, even driving through that spotty area on the highway I mentioned.  I'm not sure if the cache wipe solved it or if it was an issue with the tower in that area that has since been resolved, but I thought it couldn't hurt to put out there!  How are things going for you?

- Marissa