Learn about signal booster registration. To register your signal booster, use the Signal Booster Registration Tool.
- To ensure signal boosters don't interfere with cellular coverage, the FCC has mandated signal boosters be registered with a carrier before use.
- All carriers allowing the use of signal boosters on their network must provide a registration system so consumers can register the address where they use the booster.
- The carrier can then use this information when troubleshooting network issues.
- If a booster causes problems on the network, registration helps carriers identify and locate the booster.
- Registration helps to protect consumers and carriers by streamlining network troubleshooting, and ensuring a positive signal experience.
- If you are a T-Mobile customer who received a booster, you are already registered to the address where the device was shipped.
- If you purchased your own booster or have moved from the original, use the Signal Booster Registration Tool.
- The information collected during registration is specific to locating the address where the booster is used, and user contact information to enable the carrier to contact the user about the booster.
- This also includes information about the signal booster such as location, make, model, and serial number.
- This information is used to locate boosters in the event network issues are believed to be linked to the booster operation.
You can find more information on the FCC requirements at http://wireless.fcc.gov/signal-boosters/index.html.