Troubleshoot or learn more about when completing a software update, the device may become stuck on a screen with spinning gears. The phone either has not had enough time to finish the update or has experienced a crash during the update.
To fix this issue:
- Allow up to an hour for the software update to complete.
Note: It is recommended to have the phone connected to the wall charger that came with the device during the software update.
- If the screen is still stuck, press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys for 15 seconds while the phone is connected to the charger. You should get a vibration.
- The update will begin again, allow up to an hour for the update to complete.
- If the issue persists after an hour, reset the device with the hardware keys. See: Reset: Nokia Lumia 925
- If the issue is still not resolved, please Contact Us for additional assistance.