Learn how to check the software version and see official versions for the T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot. Find out more on this page:
Beginning December 19, the T-Mobile 4G Mobile HotSpot receives a a software update to BD_MF61V1.0.0B14. This update provides features and improvements:
Check the software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- Connect your computer to your Mobile Hotspot via Wi-Fi.
- On your computer, double-click the T-Mobile Hotspot Admin icon on your desktop or open a browser window and enter http://mobile.hotspot/.
- Enter your administrator password and click Login.
- Note: The default administrator password is “admin”.
- Click Run Diagnostics Tests.
- After the test finishes, click View details.
- View the Firmware and Hardware.
- Read the version on the phone, and check it below:
Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
This document will be updated if and when new software is available.
Your phone can update to software version [version number]:
If the update fails, see: Software update troubleshooting.
Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.
Requirements to update
To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:
- Wi-Fi connection
- 15-20 minutes for installation
Software update: Download
Download and install software update
You can download and install the software update:
Update software from a computer
To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have an Internet connection.
- Open a web browser and go to http://www.t-mobile.com/webconnectupgrade/.
- Find the Mobile HotSpot and click the get software button.
- Download the file.
Note: There are Mac and Windows files. The customer will need to select the appropriate file.
- Connect the Mobile HotSpot to a computer using the USB cable that came in the box with the device.
- Open the file.
- In Windows, if prompted to allow the program access, click Allow.
- Click Agree.
- Click Continue.
- Click Start Update.
- Do not unlplug the Mobile HotSpot and allow the update to complete.
- When the "Update Successfully!" message is displayed, click OK.