Text to speech
Set up & turn on
To set up and use text to speech, follow these steps:
- Touch a text field to display the on-screen keyboard.
- Tap the Microphone icon on the keyboard.
- Talk into device.
Note: For the Speech to Text option on the myTouch 1.2 running 2.2.1, if the keyboard does not show the microphone icon, hold the 123 button (lower left corner of keyboard) and select Input Method, then Speech.
Text to speech reads messages out loud, allowing you to listen to text or messages instead of reading them. To change text to speech settings, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, press Menu. Touch Settings.
- Scroll down and touch Text to Speech.
- Touch Text-to-Speech
- Adjust settings.
- Select Always use my settings to save the settings.
Open an appWe're sorry, but this feature is not available for this device.
Voice dial a contact
To use voice dialing to call a contact, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, touch the Applications button.
- Touch the Voice dialer icon.
- Wait for the tone.
- Say Call [contact name].
- Touch OK to call the contact or Cancel to try again.
Note: You can also say Call voicemail to call voicemail or Redial to dial the last outgoing call.
Write a text message (SMS) with voiceWe're sorry, but this feature is not available for this device.