When the Samsung LTE Mobile HotSpot PRO is connected to a PC to use for tethering, it is recognized as a USB mass storage device instead.
To fix this issue:
- By default, the device is set to connect in USB Mass Storage mode. This setting can be changed through the web portal.
- If the HotSpot PRO is power cycled or disconnected from USB the setting will default back to Media Device. If USB connected tethering is frequently required by the customer, a USB laptop stick may be a better option.
- Connect the HotSpot PRO to the device you wish to tether via USB.
- Access the Web Portal via Wi-Fi from any Wi-Fi capable connecting device. (It does not have to be the same device you wish to tether.)
- From the Home page, scroll down to the USB Connection section.
- Click to select USB tethering.