Learn how to check the software version and see official versions for the BlackBerry Curve 8520. Find out more on this page:
Beginning September 2, 2010, the BlackBerry Curve 8520 receives a a software update to 18.104.22.1680. This update provides features and improvements:
Check the software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press and hold the Alt key while entering the letters ESCR.
- The 'Help Me!' screen displays.
- View the software version next to App Version and check it below:
Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
This document will be updated if and when new software is available.
Your phone can update to software version 22.214.171.1240:
Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.
Requirements to update
To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Active BlackBerry Data Plan
- Computer with Internet connection and BlackBerry Desktop Software
- USB Cable
Software update: Automatic (OTA)
Update automatically Over-The-Air (OTA)We're sorry, this feature is not available on your device.
Software update: Download
Update software from a computer
To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow one of these steps:
- Upgrade device software: BlackBerry (non-BES only)
- Using the BlackBerry Desktop Software to install device software: BlackBerry
- BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac