Learn how to transfer music files and play them on the BlackBerry Curve 8520. Find out more on this page:
Play music or MP3
To play music or MP3s in the music player, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Scroll to and select the Music icon.
- Scroll to and select All Songs.
- Scroll to and select a song to play.
Turn on / off FM radioWe're sorry, this feature is not supported on your device.
Transfer music from computer to device
To transfer music files between a computer and the device, follow these steps:
Note: To see a list of file formats that the device can play, see Tech specs.
- Connect the small end of your USB cable to your device and the large end of the cable to your computer.
- On your computer, open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager application.
- Click the Media icon.
- Under Media Manager, click Launch.
- Under My Devices, click or BlackBerry 8520 PIN [Your device PIN] [Media Card].
- Browse to the folder where you want to save the files.
- In the top part of the window, browse to the file that you want to move.
- Click Copy Down.
- The 'Copy Files' window appears.
- Select one of the following methods to copy the files to your device:
- Convert for optimal playback: To automatically convert the files to the optimal format and size for your device.
- Copy with no conversion: To copy the files with the existing format and size.
- Advanced conversion options: To select a destination format and size.
- Click OK.