There may be situations where the Nokia Lumia 521 does not power on, the phone does not respond to the charger, and/or the Windows Home key blinks on/off while connected to the charger.
The battery has been fully drained and does not have sufficient charge to power on or the battery contacts may be damaged.
|Software version affected||All|
|Software version resolved||N/A|
To fix the phone being unresponsive and not powering on, follow these steps:
Device & network steps
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down keys for 15 seconds while the phone is connected to the charger. You should get a vibration.
- If the device still does not respond, leave the device connected to the wall charger and USB cable that came with the device.
- Once the device has sufficient power, it will automatically power on.
Note: This may take up to 20 minutes.
- Remove the back cover and inspect the battery contacts for any sign of damage.
Note: If the device battery contacts are detached or partially detached, the device may need to be replaced. Please contact us.
- If you still do not receive a response, perform a master reset with hardware keys. See: Reset: Nokia Lumia 521