Troubleshoot issues with your device camera, including issues with taking pictures or recording videos.
If you need help with doing any step, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps.
To fix this issue:
- Check the following:
- You're using the camera app that came on your device. If you're using a third-party app, go to Apps troubleshooting.
- You're holding the camera still long enough for it to focus and capture the picture. Some phone cameras may take longer than others.
- Your camera is 5 MP (megapixels) or higher. Pictures may look softer or blurry if the camera is 4 MP or lower.
- Camera settings are set to high resolution pictures.
- Camera settings have special effects (night exposure, beauty mode, etc.) turned off.
- Your phone has plenty of storage space available to save pictures and videos.
- Your phone is on the newest software version.
- Any case, cover, or strap on the device is not near the camera lens.
- Check for scratches or dirt on the lens, and clean it with a dry, soft, lint-free fabric.
- Turn off your phone.
- Wait five seconds, and turn your phone on.
- If you're using an Android device:
- Clear the cache of the Camera app.
- Take a test picture.
- If the issue continues, wipe the cache partition.
- Take a test picture of a still object 3-6 feet away, and hold it still long enough for the camera to focus.
- Perform a master reset on your phone.
- Test to see if the issue continues. If you are still having this issue, contact us.