Connection icons for tethering and mobile hotspot
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
|Mobile hotspot via Wi-Fi is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install drivers for a Windows computer, follow these steps:
- Connect the USB cable to the phone and a USB port on the computer.
- On the phone, touch and drag the Notification bar down.
- If it is not set to Disk drive, tap Select to change USB connection type.
- Tap Disk drive.
- Tap Done.
- On the computer, wait for a Removable Disk window to appear on the screen.
- Double-click Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
- Locate the HTCdriver.exe file on the memory card.
- Double-click the HTCdriver.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Restart the computer after the driver install has completed.
- Once restarted, reconnect the USB cable to the computer.
- Touch and drag the Notification bar down.
- Tap Select to change USB connection type.
- Tap USB tethering.
- Tap Done.
Mobile hotspot via Wi-Fi
Set up mobile hotspot
To set up or configure a mobile hotspot over Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, touch the App Drawer
- Touch Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Touch OK.
- Touch the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot check box.
Turn on/off mobile hotspot
To turn on or turn off a mobile hotspot over Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Wireless & networks.
- Touch Wi-Fi settings.
- If necessary, touch Wi-Fi to enable Wi-Fi.
- Touch the desired Wi-Fi network.
- If necessary, enter the password.
- Touch Connect.
Tethering via USB
To share your mobile data connection with a computer over a USB cable, follow these steps:
- Install the tethering drivers (above) if necessary.
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- Touch the Status bar and drag down.
- Touch Disk drive.
- Touch USB tethering.
- Touch Done.
- If necessary, touch Windowsor Mac OS X.