Learn how to set custom ringtones and notifications on the LG Optimus T.
To change the notification sounds, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, touch Applications.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Sound.
- Scroll down under Notifications, touch Notification sound.
- Touch the the desired notification or alert sound
To change the ringtone, follow these steps:
Ringtone for all calls
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Sound.
- Tap Phone ringtone.
- Tap the desired ringtone.
- Tap OK.
Ringtone for calls from one contact
- Tap Contacts.
- Tap contact you want to assign ringtone to.
- Press Menu button.
- Tap Options.
- Tap Ringtone.
- Select ringtone you want to assign, tap OK.
Transfer music or sounds to use
Some devices require you to transfer music, sounds, or other audio files to the device in a certain way for it to be used for ringtones and notifications. To transfer these files, follow these steps:
- Connect the device to a computer using the USB cable.
- From the Home screen, slide down the Notification bar.
- Verify the USB connection type is Disk drive. If not, tap it and select Disk drive.
- On the computer when the Removable Disk window appears, click Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
Note: If the Removable Disk window does not appear automatically, check that the USB cable is completely plugged in, or try another USB port.
- Click OK.
- In the Windows Explorer window that opens, double-click the Media folder.
- Double-click one of the following folders:
Note: If the folder that you want is not there, then right-click in the Media folder. Click New, Folder. Enter the name of the desired folder above. Double-click the folder you just created.
- Audio/Notifications (Go under the Audio folder and then the Notifications folder)
- Copy the music or sound files from your computer to the desired folder.
- When you are done copying, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray.
- Click Safely Remove Mass Storage Device.
- Click OK.
- Disconnect the device from the computer.