Learn how to transfer music files and play them on the Samsung Dart T499.
Play music or MP3
To play music or MP3s in the music player, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Music.
- Tap the file you wish to play.
Turn on / off FM radio
We're sorry, but this feature is not available for this device.
Transfer music from computer to device
To transfer music files between a computer and the device, follow these steps:
Note: To see a list of file formats that the device can play, see Tech specs.
- Connect the small end of your USB cable to the charger port on the right side of your device and the large end of the cable to your computer.
- The USB storage screen will display.
- Tap Turn on USB storage.
- Tap OK.
- When a Removable Disk window appears on your computer, click Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
- Click OK.
- On the computer, double-click the memory card folder into which you want to copy a music file.
- Drag and drop a music file from your computer into the memory card folder.
- Caution: Do not disconnect the USB cable during file transfer.
- When you are finished, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray of your computer.
- Click Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device.
- On your phone, tap Turn off USB storage.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your phone.