Learn how to set custom ringtones and notifications on the Dell Streak 7. Find out more on this page:
Set custom sounds
To change the notification sounds, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Tap Email.
- If you are in the Inbox for a different account, tap the Menu key and then tap Accounts.
- Tap the e-mail account you want to edit.
- Tap the Menu key.
- Tap Account settings.
- Under Notification settings, tap to select (turn on) or clear (turn off) the Email notifications check box.
- Tap and edit one or more of the following options:
- Select ringtone
We're sorry, but this is not a supported feature on your device.
Transfer music or sounds to use
Some devices require you to transfer music, sounds, or other audio files to the device in a certain way for it to be used for ringtones and notifications. To transfer these files, follow these steps:
- Connect the included USB cord to the tablet, then to your computer.
- Tap Turn on USB storage.
- On your computer, a Removable Disk window appears. Click Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
- Click OK.
Note: To access files on internal tablet storage, touch and drag the Status bar down to open the Notification screen and then tap USB connected. Tap Turn on USB storage and OK.
- On the computer, double-click the folder on the memory card into which you want to move or copy the files.
- Double-click the folder on the computer that contains the files you want to move or copy.
- Drag and drop the files from the folder on the computer to the folder on the memory card.
- When you are finished, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the lower right-hand corner of your computer screen.
- Click Safely Remove USB Mass Storage Device.