Learn how to set custom ringtones and notifications on the T-Mobile G-Slate.
To change the notification sounds, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Sound.
- Tap Notification ringtone.
- Scroll to and tap the desired ringtone.
- Tap OK.
We're sorry, but this feature is not available for this device.
Transfer music or sounds to use
Some devices require you to transfer music, sounds, or other audio files to the device in a certain way for it to be used for ringtones and notifications. To transfer these files, follow these steps:
- Connect the device to a computer using the USB cable.
- From the Home screen, slide down the Notification bar.
- Verify the USB connection type is Disk drive. If not, tap it and select Disk drive.
- On the computer when the Removable Disk window appears, click Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
Note: If the Removable Disk window does not appear automatically, check that the USB cable is completely plugged in, or try another USB port.
- Click OK.
- In the Windows Explorer window that opens, double-click the Media folder.
- Double-click one of the following folders:
Note: If the folder that you want is not there, then right-click in the Media folder. Click New, Folder. Enter the name of the desired folder above. Double-click the folder you just created.
- Audio/Notifications (Go under the Audio folder and then the Notifications folder)
- Copy the music or sound files from your computer to the desired folder.
- When you are done copying, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray.
- Click Safely Remove Mass Storage Device.
- Click OK.
- Disconnect the device from the computer.