Learn how to transfer music files and play them on the Samsung Tab 10.1 (T859). Find out more on this page:
Play music or MP3
To play music or MP3s in the music player, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Music player.
Turn on / off FM radioWe're sorry, but this is not an available feature for your device.
Transfer music from computer to device
To transfer music files between a computer and the device, follow these steps:
Note: To see a list of file formats that the device can play, see Tech specs.
Note: Depending on your operating system, you may need to download and install Samsung Kies 2.0 before sharing files.
On a Windows computer
- Connect the included USB cable to the tablet, then to a computer.
- When a Removable Disk window appears on the computer, double-click Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
- Double-click Tablet.
- On the computer, locate the file(s) you want to move.
- Drag and drop the file(s) into the desired location on the tablet.
- When you are finished, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray of your computer.
On a Macintosh computer
- Connect the included USB cord to the tablet, then to your computer.
- If a “Samsung Modem” pop-up appears on your computer, click Cancel.
- In the Applications folder, double-click Kies and wait for it to connect with the tablet.
- Under Library, click Music to access the music files on your computer.
- Select the check box of each file you want to copy to your tablet.
- Click Transfer to device.
- When done, click on the Kies drop-down menu and click Exit.
- Safely disconnect the tablet from the computer.