Learn how to check the software version and update the HTC Flyer. Find out more on this page:
Understanding the software version
Beginning January 23, an optional Honeycomb update for the T-Mobile HTC Flyer will be available to download. The Android 3.2.1 OS will include new enhancements and important security updates for HTC devices.
You can update in two ways:
- Over the air (OTA) update
- Manual download
Current Software Version
Android version 3.2.1 / Software version 3.58.531.2 CL209439
|This software version is current. Your device software is up to date.|
Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 2.25.531.2
T-Mobile and HTC will not send you a software update.
Devices with non-T-Mobile software versions are out of warranty and do not receive updates.
Android version 3.2.1 / Software version 3.58.531.2 CL209439 - Current version
- Resizable Home screen Widgets
- Notifications window
- Quick Contacts home screen
- Pointer Device Support (Android supports pointer devices, which includes mice, trackpads and trackballs)
- Improved and resizable app widgets
- Improved browsing experience
- Gmail/Mail Layout
- Improved Pen experience
- Notifications improvements (clock/date/individually closable notifications)
- New improved user interface
- Home screens
- Holographic UI
- The System Bar
- Multitasking and recent applications
- New keyboard
- Home/Menu/Back buttons moved onscreen
- Search Integration on every page (now in top menu since there is no search hard-key)
- Overall better large-format screen support (maximized use of screen size)
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap About tablet.
- Tap Software information.
- View the Software number number.
Download update from HTC
You can check for updates and request to download the update from the [OEM] servers. To check for updates and download, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch HTC software updates.
- Touch Check now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your tablet restarts and updates to Android 3.2.1.
Over the Air (OTA) update
After receiving a notification that you received the OTA update, you may download it. To download, follow these steps:
- From the message Notifications screen, touch Download.
- Select Install Now.
- Wait as your tablet restarts and updates to Android version Android 3.2.1.