Troubleshoot or learn more about the Google Nexus 4 freezing or not turning on. The Google Nexus 4 may freeze or fail to turn on after updating to Jelly Bean 4.3/ Build number JWR66V.
To fix this issue:
- Using the OEM provided USB cable, plug your device in to a wall charger.
- Confirm the charging indication displays.
Note: If a red light flashes at the bottom, you will need to charge your device until the battery is at a sufficient level to power on. This may require charging for up to 20-30 minutes.
- With the device still plugged in to the charger, press and hold the power key until you see Google logo on the screen and feel a slight vibration. You may need to hold the power key up to 60 seconds.
- If the device does not power on, perform a master reset.
Note: If at any point during the above steps your phone becomes unresponsive, you can restart it by holding down the Power button for several seconds (10-15 sec normally).
- If the device is still unresponsive, follow Unresponsive / frozen phone troubleshooting: Android