On Demand Data Passes let you temporarily add high-speed data by the day or week, whenever you need it to supplement your free data or to top-up a recurring data plan.
You can add a data pass for a number of reasons, including:
- You're experiencing reduced data speeds after reaching your data allotment.
- You're roaming domestically and want additional domestic roaming data.
- You're roaming internationally and you want a higher data speed.
Additional passes can be purchased as needed once a purchased pass expires.
At this time, you can't add a data pass through the T-Mobile app, but we hope to make that an option soon. You can always add a data pass through My T-Mobile on either your computer or by opening a browser on your device.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Click PLAN tab at the top of the page.
- Expand (+) the line you wish to add the data pass to.
- Select Manage Data & Add-Ons under that line.
- Select the desired data pass from list and select Continue.
- Select a date for the data pass will start. If you don't select a date, it will start immediately.
- Click Agree & Submit.
To purchase a pass on your Pay As You Go plan, call T-Mobile customer service by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone, or call 1-877-746-0909. You can get a 1-day pass or a 1-week (7-day) pass. Automated account help and customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For the hearing impaired, TTY service is available by calling 1-877-296-1018, 7 days a week, from 3 a.m.-10 p.m. PT.
Prepaid Mobile Internet (MI) plans provide data service on devices such as laptop sticks, tablets, and mobile hotspots. Use our Connect Me portal to set up and manage your data-only device. For steps, read how to use Connect Me.