On Demand Data Passes let you temporarily add high-speed data by the day or week, whenever you need it to supplement your free data or to top-up a recurring data plan.
You can add a data pass for a number of reasons, including:
- You're experiencing reduced data speeds after reaching your data allotment.
- You're roaming domestically and want additional domestic roaming data.
- You're roaming internationally and you want a higher data speed.
Additional passes can be purchased as needed once a purchased pass expires.
At this time, you can't add a data pass through the T-Mobile app, but we hope to make that an option soon. You can always add a data pass through My T-Mobile on either your computer or by opening a browser on your device.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Click Plan.
- Scroll down and click the plus + sign next to the device or name you want to add the data pass to, if you have more than one line on your account.
- Tap Add Data Pass, on the line you want to add the data pass. If you're on your computer, look for "Stay connected to the web with additional high-speed data".
- Select the 'data pass' you want to add. You can click the down arrow to the right of each data pass to find out more information.
- Choose if you want the pass to 'start immediately' or 'pick a date and time'.
- Click Continue.
- Select Payment Method, if 'Start Immediately' has been selected for data pass purchase.
- Click Add Card, and enter your credit/debit/bank information to make a payment.
- Select Save Payment Method, if you want your payment details to be saved to your account.
- Click Continue to complete adding your payment details.
- Select Cancel if you wish to navigate back without adding your payment details.
- Click Agree & Submit.
To purchase a pass on your Pay As You Go plan, call T-Mobile customer service by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone, or call 1-877-746-0909. You can get a 1-day pass or a 1-week (7-day) pass. Automated account help and customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For the hearing impaired, TTY service is available by calling 1-877-296-1018, 7 days a week, from 3 a.m.-10 p.m. PT.
Prepaid Mobile Internet (MI) plans provide data service on devices such as laptop sticks, tablets, and mobile hotspots. Use our Connect Me portal to set up and manage your data-only device. For steps, read how to use Connect Me.