On Demand Data Passes let you temporarily add high-speed data by the day or week, whenever you need it to supplement your free data or to top-up a recurring data plan.
You can add a data pass for a number of reasons, including:
- You're experiencing reduced data speeds after reaching your data allotment.
- You're roaming domestically and want additional domestic roaming data.
- You're roaming internationally and you want a higher data speed.
Additional passes can be purchased as needed once a purchased pass expires.
At this time, you can't add a data pass through the T-Mobile app, but we hope to make that an option soon. You can always add a data pass through My T-Mobile on either your computer or by opening a browser on your device.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Click Plan.
- Scroll down and click the plus + sign next to the device or name you want to add the data pass to, if you have more than one line on your account.
- Tap Add Data Pass, on the line you want to add the data pass. If you're on your computer, look for "Stay connected to the web with additional high-speed data".
- Select the 'data pass' you want to add. You can click the down arrow to the right of each data pass to find out more information.
- Choose if you want the pass to 'start immediately' or 'pick a date and time'.
- Click Continue.
- Select Payment Method, if 'Start Immediately' has been selected for data pass purchase.
- Click Add Card, and enter your credit/debit/bank information to make a payment.
- Select Save Payment Method, if you want your payment details to be saved to your account.
- Click Continue to complete adding your payment details.
- Select Cancel if you wish to navigate back without adding your payment details.
- Click Agree & Submit.
To purchase a pass on your Pay As You Go plan, call T-Mobile customer service by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone, or call 1-877-746-0909. You can get a 1-day pass or a 1-week (7-day) pass. Automated account help and customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For the hearing impaired, TTY service is available by calling 1-877-296-1018, 7 days a week, from 3 a.m.-10 p.m. PT.
Pay in Advance Mobile Internet (MI) plans provide data service on devices such as laptop sticks, tablets, and mobile hotspots. Use our Connect Me portal to set up and manage your data-only device. For steps, read how to use Connect Me.
For postpaid accounts, data passes are billed in the bill cycle in which they become effective. If a data pass starts in one bill cycle and ends in the next bill cycle, usage will appear on both bills. In this case, you may see usage for one data pass in two bill cycles. Once a data pass becomes effective, the full charge will remain on the bill.