Learn how to replace the battery and save battery life on the HTC Amaze 4G. Find out more on this page:
Insert / remove battery
To to insert or remove the battery in your device, follow these steps:
- Press the battery cover release on the bottom of your phone and then lift the back cover up and toward the top of the phone to remove it.
- Align the golden contacts on the battery with the golden contacts in the battery compartment.
- Press the battery into place.
- Set the top of the phone into the top of the back cover and then gently press the cover closed.
Battery saving mode
To turn on, turn off, or use battery life saving features on the device, follow these steps:
Battery saving mode settings
To change settings for the battery life saving feature, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Power.
- Tap Fast boot to enable or disable the Fast boot feature.
- Note: Fast boot allows your phone to turn on quickly by hibernating itself instead of turning off completely. Turning off fast boot will use less power but the phone will take longer to turn on.
- Tap Battery use.
- Tap to running applications and services and then tap to adjust settings as availble to save battery power.
- Tap the graph to view battery history details.
Tips to save battery life
To save and extend battery life, follow these steps:
Most Android devices come with high resolution touch screens. This is one of the biggest drains on your battery.
To lower the brightness and duration, go to Menu>Settings>Display (or Sound & Display) and look for Brightnessand Screen Timeout.