Understanding the software version
Beginning February 26, the HTC One (LTE) will have a software update to Android version 4.4.2 / Software 4.19.531.10 via Over-the Air (OTA) over Wi-Fi.
You can update in two ways:
Over the air (OTA) update: OTA update is available as of February 26 via Wi-Fi. To update, please see Download Update from HTC.
Android version 4.4.2/Software 4.19.531.10 - Current version
- Android version 4.4.2/Software 4.19.531.10
- Approved 02/26/14
- KitKat software update
- Updates to Blinkfeed
- Gallery UI redesign
- Music app redesign
- Software version 3.24.531.3, 1.27.531.11, 1.27.531.8, or 1.27.531.7
- Device software is not rooted
- 50% battery life
- Wi-Fi connection
- File size of update is 560 MB
- Android version 4.3/Software 3.24.531.3
- Android version 4.1.2/Software 1.27.531.11
- Android version 4.1.2/Software 1.27.531.8
- Android version 4.1.2 / Software version 1.27.531.7
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to and tap About.
- Tap Software information.
- View the Software number.
Download update from HTC
You may request the update from the update servers, even if you have not received the Over the Air (OTA) update. To download or check for updates, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Check for updates.
- Tap OK to download the update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates.