Troubleshoot or learn more about Genius Button error messages received.
To fix this issue:
- Error: "The process Genious Button has stopped unexpectedly, Force stop."
- Error messages appear every 3-5 seconds
- Force close errors reappear after master reset
- The errors started after an update to the Google Play Music application. The Genius application has a software conflict with the updated version of Google Play Music.
- The Genius application has a software conflict with the updated version of Google Play Music.
Google has stopped pushing the update to the myTouch devices and users can no longer install the update. For customers that had previously installed the update, follow the below steps to uninstall the Google Play Music update.
To uninstall the Play Music version 5.0.12026j.676641, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap Manage Applications.
- Tap All.
- Tap Google Play Music.
- Tap Uninstall update.
- The Google Play Music app should revert to version 4.1.513.
Turn off Auto-update apps in the Play store to ensure the new version does not load again. Advise the customer to manually update any apps that need to be updated (other than Play Music)
1. Tap Applications
2. Select Play store application
3. Access Play settings
3. Turn Auto-update apps to Do not auto-update apps