Learn how to replace the battery and save battery life on the Google Nexus 4. Find out more on this page.
Insert / remove battery
This is a uni-body device with an internal battery that cannot be removed.
If you need to remove and re-insert the battery to reset the device, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power key for 10-15 seconds.
- Wait as the device restarts.
Battery saving modeWe're sorry, but this feature is not available on this device.
Battery saving mode settingsWe're sorry, but this feature is not available on this device.
Tips to save battery life
To save and extend battery life, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Under Acounts, tap on an active synced account.Ex: Google.
- Tap on email address.
- Uncheck all options so that they will only be synchronized manually.