Learn how to check the software version and see official versions for the BlackBerry Curve 9315. Find out more on this page:
Beginning April 2, the BlackBerry Curve 9315 receives a a software update to 18.104.22.1682. This update provides features and improvements:
Adds Name ID functionality.
Improves CMAS functionality.
Check the software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press and hold the Alt key while entering the letters ESCR.
Note: The 'Help Me!' screen displays.
- View the software version next to App Version.
Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
This document will be updated if and when new software is available.
Your phone can update to software version 22.214.171.1242:
If the update fails, contact customer care.
Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.
Requirements to update
To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Data connection
Software update: Automatic (OTA)
Update automatically Over-The-Air (OTA)
This software update will be pushed to your phone. Your phone will notify you when it is ready to update. If your phone has not received an OTA message, see Software update: Download below.
After receiving the OTA notification, follow these steps:
- Click to start the download and installation.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Software update: Download
Download and install software update
You can download and install the software update:
Update software from the phone
To check for updates and download the update from the BlackBerry servers, follow these steps:
- If necessary, touch the bottom of the Home screen to expand the Applications panel.
- Scroll to the All panel and tap the Options icon.
- Scroll to and select Device.
- Scroll to and select Software Updates.
Update software from a computer
To download updates for your phone and install them using a computer, follow these steps:
- Upgrade device software: BlackBerry (non-BES only)
- Using the BlackBerry Desktop Software to install device software: BlackBerry