You may find audio issue while using or just after using a wired headset:
- Cannot hear caller
- Audio may be dampened
- Microphone may not work
- Answer / End buttons do not work.
- Alerts are not audible (ringer, text and email notifications, etc)
Nokia Lumia 810 has an American Headset Jack (AHJ) 3.5 mm connector which is different than the pin-out from traditional Nokia 3.5 mm AV connector (older Nokia headsets). Customers using older headphones with a microphone (example: a headset received with a Nokia 6130) will experience above issues. This is due to the design changes between AHJ and AV headsets shown below. Customers using older Nokia headphones without a microphone should not experience the above issues.
- Disconnect the headset from the phone.
- Manually turn the volume up on the phone.
- Turn volume up for ringer while you are not in a call
- Turn volume up for call while are on a call.
- Test an AHJ headset (most headsets sold in the US are AHJ headsets including all headset sold in T-Mobile stores).
The headset is causing the device to turn volume off on your device, Nokia is currently working on a resolution for future devices.
There are two types of volume control on the Lumia 810:
- Call volume
- You have to adjust call volume while on an active call using the volume keys on the side of the device.
- You are able to set call volume on a scale from 0 to 10
- Ringtone/music volume
- You have to adjust ringtone and music volume while not on an active call using the volume keys on the side of the device.
- You are able to set ringtone music volume on a scale from 0 to 30