Understanding the Update
Beginning October 5, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 will have a software update to Android version 4.1.2 / Software T779UVTOH1 via OTA and Samsung Kies. This update enables 4G LTE on the device.
You can update in two ways:
- Over the air (OTA) update to T779UVTOH1: OTA push update is available as of 10/5/2015. Please wait for the notification to update. The OTA will continue to be delivered until October 9. The update is also available for manual update using Kies.
- Manual download to T779UVTOH1: If you did not want to update via OTA, you can update via Samsung Kies. Ensure you are on the latest version of Kies prior to attempting the update. See http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ to confirm the version.
Android version 4.1.2 / Baseband version T779UVTOH1 - Current version
- Android version 4.1.2 / Software version T779UVTOH1
- Updated 10/5/2015
- Stagefright MR
- Device software is not rooted
- 50% battery life
- Data connection
- File size of update: 3.70 MB
Android version 4.1.2 / Baseband version T779UVTMF4
Android version 4.1.2 / Baseband version T779UVTMC2
Android version 4.1.2 / Baseband version T779UVTMC1
Android version 4.0 / Software version T779UVALJ4
Help & How to
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap About device.
- View the Android version number.
Download update via OTA
Check for update
To check for updates, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch Software Update.
Note: If the Software has been pushed to your phone, you will received prompts to download. If it has not, you will receive a 'No Firmware' message.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your device restarts and updates.
To download the Over the Air (OTA) software update, follow these steps:
- You will receive a notification message when the update is available for you.
- From the message Notification Screen, touch Download.
- Touch Install Now.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates.
Manually update via Kies
Note: All troubleshooting support for the Kies desktop experience including installation, connectivity between handset and Kies as well as device OS updates should be forwarded to Samsung.
- Download the most recent version of Kies by visiting http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/ (Select the SAMSUNG Kies version compatible with the PC)
Note: Save the file to a desired location - the Desktop is recommended for easy access.
Ensure you are on the most recent Kies version. If you attempt to check for Kies updates manually through the application, older versions may not recognize that there is a new version available. Compare your version number (found in Help > Kies Info) with that available through Samsung (click the file to download, on the download screen, the file name will include 2.x.x.x.xxxxx_, this is the current version available).
- Double click the Kies file. The program will self extract, no action is required
- Select the desired Language and Location, then click Next.
- Read the license agreement, check the box for "I accept..." and click Next.
- Kies will begin the installation. No action is required.
- When the process is complete, click Finish.
Prepare the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Note: USB Debugging is only needed when using a MAC to Update via Kies.
- From the Android home screen, press the Menu key and tap Settings.
- Tap Developer options.
- Tap Ok.
- Tap USB Debugging.
- Tap the Home key to exit the settings menu.
- Insert the USB data cable into the phone and then into an available port on the computer.
- Select Media device(MTP) at the phone prompt. The PC should recognize several devices and begin installation. This is normal and may take a few minutes. Unplug the data cable when completed.
Upgrade the device using Kies
Important: Verify you have backed up all of your data, including the contents of the internal (non-removable) SD card, to prevent unnecessary data loss.
- On the PC, open the Kies application.
- Connect the device to the computer using the included USB cable.
- Once Kies recognizes the device, a popup window will appear.
- Click Update.
- Read the Caution statements and select the I have read... check box.
- If desired, select Allow saving to back up the device. If not, select Proceed without saving.
- Click Start Upgrade.
- The software will download to the PC, and then to the device.
- When the update completes, the 'Firmware Upgrade Complete' window will appear.
- Click OK to confirm.