Understanding the Issue
- Battery drains too quickly
- Battery life not as long as expected
|Software version affected||10.0.10.672; 10.1.0.2026|
|Software version resolved||N/A|
Help & How to
What to expect
This issue has been improved in the latest software version.
Note: Battery life may temporarily decline following a software update due to database synchronization. This will correct itself after a few days when syncing is complete.
To improve battery life:
- Turn off wireless connections (Bluetooth, NFC, Wi-Fi).
- Disable high-speed internet (I.e. LTE, HSPA+) when not needed.
- Lower backlight brightness and screen timeout.
- Use the USB cable and charger included in the box, and not a 3rd party charger.
- Charge the device to 100% before disconnecting
- Charge using a wall outlet and not a PC
- Adjust sync settings to either manual or sync less frequently
- Disable BlackBerry Link from the device.
Note: This disables syncing with BlackBerry Link over Wi-Fi and remote file sharing.
- From the main home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap BlackBerry Link.
- Tap the BlackBerry Link field to set it OFF.
For more information, see KB33669 - How to maximize battery life on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.