Learn how to check the software version and see official versions for the T-Mobile Sonic 2.0 Mobile HotSpot LTE. Find out more on this page:
Beginning February 5, the Sonic 2.0 received a software update to TMOBILE_MF96_V1.0.0B04. This update provides features and improvements:
Important: The release of the TMOBILE_MF96_V1.0.0B04 update has been temporarily paused and is not currently available for download. We will update this document once the update is resumed.
Check the software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- Connect your computer to your Mobile Hotspot via Wi-Fi.
- Access the T-Mobile Hotspot Admin page.
- Enter your administrator password and click Login.
- On the left toolbar, click Diagnostics.
- Click Run Diagnostic Tests.
- Wait for the diagnostics to complete.
- Click View Details.
- Read the firmware version and check it in the table below:
Your software is up to date. There are no updates available.
This document will be updated if and when new software is available.
Your phone can update to software version V1.0.0B04:
Note: The release of the TMOBILE_MF96_V1.0.0B04 update has been temporarily paused and is not currently available for download. We will update this document once the update is resumed.
If the update fails, contact customer care.
Your phone has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.
Requirements to update
To be able to update to the current software version, the below requirements must be met:
- 50% or higher battery life
- Data connection
- 1.23 available memory (File size of update: 1.23 MB)
Software update: Automatic (OTA)
Update automatically Over-The-Air (OTA)
This software update will be pushed to your phone between February 5 and February 14. Your phone will notify you when it is ready to update. If your phone has not received an OTA message, see Software update: Download below.
After receiving the OTA notification, follow these steps:
- Depending on the update notification you receive, select either OK or Yes.
- Select Update.
- The device will reboot and complete the update to the new software version.
Software update: Download
Download and install software update
You can download and install the software update:
Update software from the phone
To check for updates and download the update from the ZTE servers, follow these steps:
- On your Mobile Hotspot, press the Right or Left arrow buttons to navigate to the Settings screen.
- Press the Enter button.
- With Software Update highlighted, press the Enter button.
- Follow any additional prompts.