Understanding the Issue
- Device performance issues
- Device freezing and/or crashing
What happens and why
The pre-loaded Facebook application version 1.8.4 can cause software conflicts which can impact the performance of the device.
- Note: The Facebook application that is pre-loaded on the myTouch device must be updated manually.
Help & How to
What to expect
When the Facebook application is identified as version 1.8.4 you must update your Facebook application through the Google Play Store to the latest version. To verify the Facebook version, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, press the Menu key.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Select Applications, then Manage applications.
- Select the All tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and select the Facebook application.
- Find the application version at the top of the screen.
- If the version listed in 1.8.4, please follow the resolution steps below to update.
If the Facebook application is identified as version 1.8.4, update your Facebook application through the Google Play Store. To update your Facebook version, follow the steps below:
- From the home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Select the Google Play Store icon.
- Tap the search icon at the top-right of the screen and search for Facebook.
- Tap Update to update to the latest application version.
- Tap Accept & download to start the download and installation process.
Once you have completed the update, check the Facebook application version number to ensure that it is no longer 1.8.4.