Troubleshoot problems with safe search on Android devices.
If you need help with doing any step, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps.
To fix this issue:
- Check the following:
- You do not have Web Guard turned on. If you do, turn it off.
- Cookies are turned on in the browser.
- If the issue is within the YouTube app, set a filter level for the app. For instructions, see YouTube Help.
- Go to the browser, and go to Google.com.
- Scroll to the bottom of the web page.
- Tap Settings.
- Under SafeSearch Filters, select the appropriate filter.
- Scroll to the bottom.
- Tap Save.
- Retest the issue.
- If problems continue, contact Google.