Troubleshoot issues with your device's screen (for example, it's blank, doesn't respond, flashes, flickers, or has dead pixels).
If you need help with doing any step, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps.
Determine if the issue could be related to other problems such as:
- Check the following:
- Your device has the latest software version.
- Your screen is clean of dirt and oil. The screen should feel smooth.
- You're using your fingertip to touch the screen. If you're using a stylus or finger nail, the touch screen won't see that touch.
- Review the Check for damage to a device page to determine if the issue is related to physical or liquid damage.
- Remove the SD card.
- If the problem happens without the SD card, then it is not a problem.
- If the problem is fixed when you remove the SD card, then the root cause of the issue is the SD. You need to format it or replace it with a new one.
- Remove any screen protectors, cases, or other accessories that may touch the screen.
- Check if this problem happens when using multiple apps or a specific app:
- If this problem happens when running multiple apps, your device may be low on memory. Close all apps but the active one.
- If this problem happens when running a specific app, uninstall that app. Do not reinstall it, if the problem is fixed.
- Check if the screen has a dead spot. Rotate your screen from portrait to landscape, or vertical to horizontal.
- If the dead spot moves between orientations, then reset your device.
- If the dead spot stays in the same location, continue with the next step.
- If you can, reset the device. If you're using an Android device, wipe the cache partition before doing the reset.