Troubleshoot issues with your device's screen (for example, it's blank, doesn't respond, flashes, flickers, or has a dead pixel).
If you need help with doing any step, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps.
To fix this issue:
Sometimes, a screen issue can be mistaken for other problems. See related help:
- Check the following:
- Your screen isn't cracked or damaged. If it is damaged, contact us.
- Your device has the latest software version.
- Your screen is clean of dirt and oil. The screen should feel smooth.
- You're not using any accessories, such as screen protectors or cases. If you are, remove them and retest the issue.
- You're using your fingertip to touch the screen. If you're using a stylus or finger nail, the touch screen won't see that touch.
- You've removed your SD card. If the problem only happens when your SD card is inserted, then the root cause of the issue is the SD card, and you may need a new one.
- Check the liquid damage indicator (LDI). If your device has liquid damage, contact us.
- Check if this problem happens when using multiple apps or a specific app:
- If this problem happens when running multiple apps, your device may be low on memory. Close one or more apps.
- If this problem happens when running a specific app, uninstall that app and retest the issue.
- Check if the screen has a dead spot. Rotate your screen from portrait to landscape, or vertical to horizontal.
- If the dead spot moves between orientations, then reset your device.
- If the dead spot stays in the same location, contact us.
- If you can, reset the device. If you're using an Android device, wipe the cache partition before doing the reset.Then, retest the issue.
- If the steps didn't resolve the issue, contact us for additional support.