Learn how to set up your non-T-Mobile iPhone or iPad.
We don't recommend using an unofficially unlocked iPhone, as some services and features may not work on the T-Mobile network. Additionally, software updates may re-lock the device. We recommend buying an iPhone directly from T-Mobile or Apple. You can also find contract-free T-Mobile iPhones at online retailers like Amazon.
- The iPhone 5c / 5s and newer from other US carriers/Apple stores are compatible with the T-Mobile 2G/3G/4G/LTE networks.
- We cannot assist you with unlocking your non-T-Mobile iPhone or iPad.
- Sprint iPhones may have difficulty unlocking and unlocked devices may not work on the T-Mobile network. Please contact Sprint before purchasing or porting Sprint iPhones to T-Mobile.
- For iPads purchased at an Apple store or other retail facility, you can go into a T-Mobile store for activation.
- To check your iPhone compatibility with T-Mobile:
- Use the online SIM checker to check which SIM card you need for your non-T-Mobile device.
- For iPads, see Apple.com for the correct SIM card.
- Set up and configure your device to work on the T-Mobile network. See First use configuration and device activation: iPhone for steps.
- Once a T-Mobile SIM card is placed into your iPhone or iPad, itshould automatically install the latest Carrier Update which will configure your device to connect to the T-Mobile network.
- If you have trouble installing the Carrier update see, you can manually set up your device using: T-Mobile Internet and MMS settings: Apple iPhone.
- If you still need help activating service for your iPhone or iPad, contact us.