Understanding the Issue
What happens and why
When Mobile HotSpot is turned on, connected devices are listed in the Mobile HotSpot settings by their MAC address, not the device name.
The device should display both the connected device name and the MAC address, but only the MAC address displays (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Mobile HotSpot settings screen.
To view devices connected via Mobile HotSpot:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless & networks.
- Tap Tethering & Mobile HotSpot.
- Tap Mobile HotSpot to select and turn on or clear and turn off.
- Tap Mobile HotSpot settings.
- Connected devices are displayed by MAC address.
Help & How to
To resolve this issue, please update your software to the latest version.