Understanding the Issue
What happens and why
The Home screen will appear for the first couple seconds in the direction it was when the device was locked.
For example, if the device was locked while in Landscape mode, is then turned to Portrait mode, and then unlocked, the Home screen will appear in Landscape mode for a couple seconds before transitioning to Portrait mode.
To reproduce, perform the following actions:
- Hold the device in Landscape orientation.
- Press the Power/Lock key to lock the screen.
- Turn the device to Portrait orientation.
- Press the Power/Lock key to wake the display.
- Tough and drag the Lock icon down to unlock the screen.
- Notice that the Home screen is in Landscape mode for the first couple seconds.
Help & How to
What to expect
The Home screen will quickly reorient after a couple of seconds.
To resolve this issue, please update your software to the latest version.