Understanding the Issue
- Error: 'Recovery Mode'
- 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select Recovery mode in Kies & try again'
|Software version affected||T989UVLE1|
|Software version resolved||NA|
|Software update resources||NA|
|Issue type||Known Issue|
Help & How to
What to expect
This error occurs during the ICS update on the Samsung Galaxy S II.
- Disconnect your device from the PC.
- Exit the Kies software.
- Launch the Kies software after it fully exited.
- Click Tools at the top left of the Kies window.
- Click Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.
- Remove the device from the PC.
- Remove the rear cover and battery from your device.
- Locate the serial number (R26B989579T) and model number (SGHT989) and enter them in the S/N and Model Name slots.
Note: The numbers are case sensitive.
Reconnect the phone to the PC.
- Click OK, on the Firmware upgrade and initialization window.
- Read the notification and click OK.
- Click OK, to continue.
- Kies will now download the Firmware upgrade.
- Read through the Caution pop-up and, if you agree, check the I have read all of the above information checkbox.
- Read the allow saving of information statement and select Allow saving or Proceed without saving. firmware installation encountered a issue.
- Click Start upgrade.
- Kies begins downloading the firmware emergency recovery components from Samsung servers. This will take a few minutes depending on the speed of your Internet connection.
- After a few minutes, Kies begins transferring the firmware update to the device. Once the firmware upgrade completes; click OK, and then disconnect device from the PC.
Note: Once the device has rebooted it will be ready to use.