Managing your memory can help avoid issues with your device.
Our two best tips to make sure your device runs smooth:
- Keep your device software fresh by using the latest software version.
- Turn your device off and on once a day.
Check available memory
- On the Home screen of your device, touch All and then open Options.
- Select Device.
- Select Device and Status Information.
Removing features and applications that are underused increases the available memory on BlackBerry devices. You can also remove languages as a significant way to increase available memory.
To view and shutdown running apps:
- From the Home screen, press and hold the ALT key + Escape key. A list of all open applications will appear on the screen.
- Continue to hold the ALT key, then release the Escape key.
- Scroll to the application that you want to close.
- Release the ALT key. The app will open.
- Press the Escape key to close the application. Always press the Escape key to exit apps and make sure they close properly.