Managing your memory can help avoid issues with your device. Our two best tips to make sure your device runs smooth:
- Keep your device software fresh by using the latest software version.
- Turn your device off and on once a day.
- Windows Mobile devices set the text message limit to delete messages automatically.
- Change the setting for email synchronization to download only for the past three days.
Clear your memory
If you need help performing any step, check the how-to guides for your device on the Phones page.
To clear memory:
- Delete the call logs.
- Delete unnecessary text, picture, and video messages.
- Clear the browser history.
- Close apps—see the section lower in the page. If you notice issues after you recently installed an app, uninstall that app.