Troubleshoot or learn more about the same SMS and MMS messages received two or three times. This can be caused by disruption in the SMS being sent from the device and network verification being sent back to the device. It can be caused by one of the following:
- Copper connection between the back cover and phone needs to be reconnected and possibly cleaned. Dust or humidity may have gotten between the connecting pieces.
- HTC software problem.
- T-Mobile network disruption.
To fix this issue:
- Turn off the phone.
- Remove the back cover.
- Look for all the copper contacts on the back cover.
- Using a clean, dry cloth, rub each of the copper contacts.
- Replace the back cover.
- Turn on the phone.
- If the problem returns, you can repeat the steps above.