Understanding the Issue
- Loud popping or clicking noise heard on incoming or outgoing calls
- Static or loud squealing heard on incoming or outgoing calls
What happens and why
The issue is caused by an incomplete software update to V21y. There are no error messages or warning that the update was unsuccessful. Going to Menu > Settings > About Phone > Software Versions will show the phone on version V21y. However, the loud clicking and popping is the symptom that the update was not 100% successful.
|Software version affected||P999-V21y|
|Software version resolved||NA|
|Software update resources||Software Overview|
|Issue type||Known Issue|
Help & How to
What to expect
- All incoming and outgoing calls will have a clicking and popping sound that can be heard on both ends of the call.
- The clicking and popping occur after receiving and completing the OTA software update to V21y.
To assist with the clicking and popping occurring on every call after the software update, follow these steps:
- Confirm the clicking and popping occurs on all incoming and outgoing calls.
- Confirm the device baseband version displays MAR 11 2012.
- If the phone is not on MAR 11 20, see Software Update for additional information about the software update.
- If the phone is on V21y and the above steps have been complete, see the P999_Software Update Guide (Clicking and Popping Audio Issue).pdf (attached below).
- This solution is provided by LG and not supported by T-Mobile. We will not be able to guide you through this update. Contact LG for further assistance with this update at 1-800-243-0000.