Learn how to check the software version and update the HTC One S. Find out more on this page:
Understanding the software version
Beginning May 7, the HTC One S will have a software update to Software 3.14.531.19. This update provides features and improvements
You can update in two ways:
- OTA push to 3.14.531.19: OTA push is available as of May 7. Please wait for the notification to update. The OTA will continue to be delivered until June 20.
- Download to 3.14.531.19: You can update manually through the settings menu. See steps for Download update from HTC below.
Android version 4.1.1/ Software number 3.14.531.1910RD - Current Jellybean version
- Android version 4.1.1 Jellybean / Software number 3.14.531.19 710RD
- Approved May 7
- OTA update
- Device is running Software number 3.14.531.19
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
Check software version
To check the current software version, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap About.
- Tap Software information.
- View the Software number.
Download update from HTC
You may request the update from the update servers, even if you have not received the Over the Air (OTA) update. To download or check for updates, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Application key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch Software updates.
- Touch Check now.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Wait as your phone restarts and updates.
Manually update over USB
You may update by connecting your HTC One to your PC, and following the steps at the HTC website.