Service books contain information needed for specific services, such as email, data, and network access. Before using the below steps, you'll want to make sure your device is on the latest software version.
Device service books
- From the home screen, click Options. Depending on the theme, you may need first need to select Settings.
- Click Device.
- Click Advanced System Settings.
- Click Service Book.
- Scroll to and highlight the desired service book.
- Click the service book and select Delete.
- When prompted to confirm, click Delete.
Send service books to your BlackBerry
- From the Home screen, select Messages
- Press the Menu key and select Options.
- Scroll to and select Email Account Management.
- Press the Menu key and select ServiceBooks.
- Scroll to and select Send Service Books.
Send service books from a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
- Make sure that the smartphone is connected to the computer.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software and click the Device tab.
- Click Delete Data in the list.
- Choose Selected Data.
- In the list of BlackBerry smartphone databases, select Service Book.
- Click Delete.
- Click OK in the Warning window.
- Click Close.
- Generate a new Encryption Key.