Troubleshoot issues with not receiving any bars of signal or having "no service" on your phone. These problems can be related to to a lack of coverage, network outage, device settings, or account setup.
To fix this issue:
- Check the device settings: (If you need help, look up the instructions for your phone in Devices)
- Airplane mode is turned off.
- Data roaming is turned on.
- Wi-Fi Calling preference is set to "Cellular preferred."
- Network mode is set to "Auto."
- Your phone has the latest software version.
- Your SIM card is inserted correctly in the device.
- Open the Coverage Map, and check that the address is within T-Mobile 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE coverage.
- Open My T-Mobile, and log in to check that your line is active (or for prepaid lines, has a balance).
- Turn off your device.
- Wait five seconds, and turn on your device again.
- Remove any cases or covers from the device.
- Check for signal.
- If the phone shows signal bars but does not call, text, or connect to Internet, then look into:
- If the phone still shows no signal bars or shows a "no service" error, contact us.