Understanding the Issue
- The same SMS and MMS messages are received two or three times.
What happens and why
Disruption in the SMS being sent from the device and network verification being sent back to the device. It can be caused by one of the following:
- Hardware issue.
- HTC software problem.
- T-Mobile network disruption.
Help & How to
What to expect
When an SMS sends, the device pushes the message to the network. The network receives the message, sends it to the recipient, and then sends a verification back to the device that sent it. When this process is interrupted, the device may re-send the SMS thinking the original delivery attempt has failed.
This does not impact data usage or charge you for multiple messages.
HTC has identified that this happens more frequently on HTC Amaze 4G devices. HTC is working on a resolution for it. There is no estimated time for it to be resolved. Once it is resolved, it may still happen due to the network conditions (described above), but it will happen less frequently.
To try making text messages and picture messages duplicate less often, follow these steps:
- To improve this issue, update the device software.
- If problems continue, turn off the phone.
- Remove the back cover.
- Replace the back cover.
- Turn on the phone.
- If the problem returns, you can repeat the steps above. If they do not help, please wait for HTC to address the software.
The specified item was not found.