The Timex FamilyConnect smartwatch for kids makes it easy to know if your family is safe, secure, and accessible.
About Timex FamilyConnect
- The watch is designed for kids, so it's easy to use. A parent or guardian just needs to install the FamilyConnect app on their phone.
- Call, instant message, & voice message between the watch and the parent app using a private, secure network.
- Security is the number one priority. So if you're not added as a contact or guardian, you can't contact the watch.
- With one button on the watch, you can send an SOS to the primary caregiver and let them know assistance is needed.
- SafeZones let you know if the watch enters/leaves specific areas.
- Take on the day with a step counter, daily schedules, School Mode, to-do lists, and games!
- Need to know how to do something? Check out Using your Timex FamilyConnect or the user manual.
- Something not working right? Check out our troubleshooting guide.
- Let us know if you need any additional help.
- Make sure your Timex FamilyConnect watch is fully charged.
- The light on the charger glows amber when charging and green when charged.
- Make sure the gold contacts on the back of the watch and cradle are aligned.
- Check that the power cable is securely attached and plugged into a working outlet.
- Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds to force it to restart.
- Make sure you're using the watch in a T-Mobile 4G LTE coverage area.
- Make sure you have the app set up correctly with things like location updates and school mode.
- You can gain quick access to some settings, like volume control, by swiping down on the watch face.
- Before giving the device to someone else to use, make sure you remove the watch from your account.
- Battery: 370 mAh battery, 48 hour standby / 2 hours talk / ~26 normal usage
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g/n (used for location only, not for data)
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1 (headset pairing only, won't pair with a phone/tablet)
- Network: LTE bands 2/4/12
- Location: GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi
Why should I get the Timex FamilyConnect smartwatch at T-Mobile?
T-Mobile is the only place to pick up the Timex FamilyConnect, which offers a suite of features perfect for kids who aren’t ready for a phone but need to stay connected with their friends and family. The Timex FamilyConnect mobile app offers parents a way to monitor and communicate with their kid with a fun device their children will love.
I want to purchase an additional charger for my Timex FamilyConnect smartwatch, where can I get one?
At this time, there are no additional chargers available for purchase.
Does the Timex FamilyConnect use T-Mobile’s 600MHz network?
Not at this time. In cities and towns where T-Mobile only has 600MHz network coverage, the Timex FamilyConnect may still be able to connect to T-Mobile’s roaming partners, but may not always perform as expected. Check out our 4G LTE coverage map to learn more about the coverage in your area.
Does my smartphone also need to also be on T-Mobile to work with the watch?
No, your smartphone can be on any carrier.
Can the watch send messages to a smartphone without the Timex FamilyConnect mobile app?
No. The messaging function only works through the Timex FamilyConnect mobile app. To allow messaging, the Parent has to add a contact as a “Guardian,” since Guardians can send and receive messages to the watch through the Timex FamilyConnect mobile app. The other user would have to have an iPhone or Android phone compatible with the Timex FamilyConnect mobile app and would need to have the Timex FamilyConnect mobile app installed on his/her smartphone.
Why are the notifications that my child entered or exited from a Safe Zone not instantaneous?
To conserve battery life the watch only sends its location to the system at the frequency selected in device settings on the Timex FamilyConnect mobile app. The notification of the entry or exit from a Safe Zone may be delayed by up to the location update period (15, 30, 45 or 60 minutes).
Is there a way to immediately update the location information for real time viewing?
The watch’s location is updated anytime the Parent or Guardian(s) goes to the map view in the Timex FamilyConnect™ mobile app. Selecting “Refresh Location” while viewing the map will also trigger the system to refresh the device’s location. The location can also be refreshed from the device.
How long will the watch work for on a charge?
Under normal use the watch battery should last about 24 hours. Phone calls and game play may drain the battery quicker.
How can I tell if the watch is activated on and connected to the T-Mobile network?
Go to the info screen (the “i” icon on the second page of the watch) and click on the info button. Scroll down to current network and if the watch is activated it will say T-Mobile. To confirm connection, swipe down to see the indicator screen and the status of the network connection is shown in the upper right (as well as the signal level).
More like this
For most features, qualifying service, the TIMEX app, & a compatible smartphone are required. To communicate with the TIMEX device it must be turned on and in an area with coverage; not compatible with our 600MHz signal. Not intended for use outside US/CA/MX. Location information is approximate & may not always be available. Intended to be used by a child and monitored by a parent or legal guardian; use as intended and only for lawful purposes.