Troubleshoot problems with a computer recognizing your Android device connected with a USB cable.
If you need help with doing any step, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps.
To fix this issue:
- Check the following:
- You're using the USB cable that came with your device.
- Try using different USB ports on the computer.
- Your SD card is in the device.
- Your device has the latest software version.
- You've removed any case or cover on your device to make sure the USB connector can fully plug in to the device.
- Plug another USB device into the same USB port to check that it works. If it does not, your computer may have USB problems. Contact the manufacturer.
- Take a look at the USB port. If the USB port is damaged, contact us.
- Restart your computer.
- Turn off your device.
- Wait five seconds and turn on your device.
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable. The computer should download and install the appropriate drivers for the phone. If the computer does not automatically install the drivers, visit the device manufacturer's website for additional assistance.
- Test if the issue continues. Keep troubleshooting if you're still experiencing the problem.
- Perform a master reset on your device.
- Test if the issue continues.
- If problems continue, you'll need to do additional testing at a T-Mobile store. Find the nearest T-Mobile store.