Google fully supports the Play Store app, download service, and their billing. T-Mobile only supports charging apps to your phone bill.
On this page:
If you need help with doing any step, visit the Devices page, select your device, and find the steps.
For any problems with:
- Billing or credit card concerns
- Opening or logging in to the Play Store
- Buying apps
- Downloading apps
- In-app purchases
- Other app issues
Please visit the Google Play Help Center for any support. Alternately, on your device, you can find help:
- Open the Play Store.
- Tap the Menu icon in the upper right.
- Tap Help & feedback.
T-Mobile cannot assist with any of these problems, because they're problems with Google's service.
If you want to charge Play Store purchases to your T-Mobile bill, you can add Carrier Billing to your payment methods:
Check that you set up a Google Wallet account. This is required first.
Open the Google Play Store app.
Select an app or digital content item.
Tap the price, then review and Accept permissions to continue.
Next to the price, tap the Down arrow.
Tap Payment methods.
Tap Use T-Mobile US Billing.
Review and Save your account information.
- Your account must not have Family Allowances, Web Guard, or any blocking features.
- Charging to your T-Mobile bill is not possible unless these are removed, as well as any feature package that includes them.
- Add or remove services, then clear check boxes for any blocking service, and click to Next confirm.
- Check that you set up a Google Wallet account.
- Make sure you haven't charged $80 this month already. This is the maximum credit per line, until your next bill cycle.
- Check if other payment options (credit card, etc.) fail. If they do, the problem is with the Play Store. Please visit the Google Play Help Center.
- Turn off Wi-Fi to ensure you're on the T-Mobile network.
- In the web browser, open a few web pages to check your Internet connection is loading. If not, follow No Internet (phone or tablet) troubleshooting instead.
- Clear the app cache and data for the Google Play Store app. (Visit your Devices page, and look for the "Manage apps" page if you need help)
- Remove Carrier Billing from your payment methods, and re-add it.
- Restart the device and try to make the purchase again.
- Review the Apps, downloads, and other purchases page for additional info.