Beginning April 10, the BlackBerry Torch 9810 will have a software update to 7.1 Bundle 2508 (18.104.22.1682) via Over the Air (OTA).
- Name ID capabilities added.
- Resolves repetitive or garbled CMAS Alert Messages
Download update through your phone
To complete the update through your device, follow these steps:
- If necessary, touch the bottom of the Home screen to expand the Applications panel.
- Scroll to the All panel and tap the Options icon.
- Scroll to and select Device.
- Scroll to and select Software Updates.
The update can take up to two hours and the phone will be inoperable during the process. You will not be able to make or receive calls or text messages until the update is complete. Since the update can take up to two hours, it is recommended that you do not start this process until you can be without your phone for an extended period.
Update device software through your computer
You can update your device software through your computer, even if you have not received the Over the Air notification. To download or check for updates, refer to these documents:
- Upgrade device software: BlackBerry (non-BES only)
- Run application loader to install the latest device software: BlackBerry (all devices)